The inn "Zum goldenen Ochsen" existed in the house on Hauptplatz 25 since the 15th century. At the time of the big city fire in 1873, which destroyed most of the inner city and thus the tavern "Zum goldenen Ochsen" Rudolf Riegler and his wife Amalie the house as Einkehrgasthof together with an agriculture. After the death of her husband, Mrs. Amalie married Friedrich Engelmayer from Parisdorf in the Weinviertel. From this marriage, the two daughters Valerie and Amalie emerged. In 1925, Amalie and her husband Robert Eder took over the inn, which was enlarged and modernized.
After the quartering of the Russian city commandant in the years 1945-1947, the Eder family had to start all over again and bridge the difficult time with the previously practiced horse and cattle breeding. After the death of Amalie Eder in 1949 Robert Eder married a Weinhauerstochter from Straß in Strassertal at the beginning of the 1950s. After two years of marriage Robert Eder died, and his wife Maria led the inn with the stepdaughter Edith and her husband dr. Karl Heindl as a widow's company on. In the years 1961-1962 the building was extended and increased.
In 1976, Edith took over the business with her husband and led him to the sudden accidental death of the two in 1999.